CIP3 data to old 102 press

Glenn McDowall

We have two 102 presses. We send a prinergy generated PPF file to Heidelberg PrepressInterface version 3.0.0.2 and then transfer the data to an OMNI DRIVE Heidelberg CPC card, this card is taken over to the press. This all works well with our newer press. The card has forty "slots" but only slot one will work with our "new to us" older second-hand press. I'm also being told that the ink duct settings are, whilst in pro, are a log way out.
Also if the card data is copied to the newer press then back to the card from the newer press into a different slot then the older press can access the different slot.
I'm not sure when data is being converted, and can't find any preferences or settings in PrepressInterface. Any help gratefully accepted.

We have two 102 presses. We send a prinergy generated PPF file to Heidelberg PrepressInterface version 3.0.0.2 and then transfer the data to an OMNI DRIVE Heidelberg CPC card, this card is taken over to the press. This all works well with our newer press. The card has forty "slots" but only slot one will work with our "new to us" older second-hand press. I'm also being told that the ink duct settings are, whilst in pro, are a log way out.
Also if the card data is copied to the newer press then back to the card from the newer press into a different slot then the older press can access the different slot.
I'm not sure when data is being converted, and can't find any preferences or settings in PrepressInterface. Any help gratefully accepted.

We have universal solution for you.:) Where are you come from?

You can send me an e-mail [email protected]

the plate cocking is indicative of age of machine and thus cpc 104 not 103 has nothing to do with the card information.

Hello Glen,

The resut of your test is normal, In the start of CPC there were NO cards!, but only a cassette. The CPC 1.03 could only accept the jobs from track 1!!!! (the format on the tape was created CPC3 platescanner) NEW Jobs from track one, reprints from all other tracks..

BUT, as it is stored, it's not a presetting annymore (no prepress data) but a reprint! This is the reason why you can load it from another track!

Be aware that once the job is saved there is NO possibility to change the data (by using the characteristic curves)

On CPC 1.03 you can change the curve (calculation of the inkzones) by holding the yellow button down (value is presented below left) and using the + and - from the duct sweep.

Hoping this infomationis not to late for you as this thread is a few days "on air"

Michel

Thanks Michel,
never too late!
Your information at least explains exactly what's going on between cards and presses.
It turns out the link between the press duct control and the physical ducts on the press needs a bit of manual tweaking too.

i have a SM 102-4 years 1992 with cpc 1.02 modify with job card reader.
I have prepress interface and omnidrive, How can i do to write the card?
While format? Someone can help me?

File format

File format

On the PPI You have to set it up in the CDK file format
Don't forget to set up a new machine, if you did not do this already

michel

i have a SM 102-4 years 1992 with cpc 1.02 modify with job card reader.
I have prepress interface and omnidrive, How can i do to write the card?
While format? Someone can help me?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back