CIP3 files creation steps

Colorblind

Hi, the small (but busy) print shop I work at uses all the following steps to produce CIP3 files for it's 40" Komori press. I wonder if it can be simplified. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Produce 50 dpi TIFF from our TrueFlow system
Step 2: On Mac OS, use ProofIt to convert step 1 Tiff files to .ppf
Step 3: On Windows OS, open step 2 .ppf file and use a software named Komori CIP3Conv to produce .is1 files
Step 4: Still on Windows OS, open step 3 .is1 files with software named Komori PCC and produce .pqo PQC file that will be used by the Komori press

I don't have any other experience with the whole process of making CIP3 files but in this age of automation, our way is tedious. Thanks for your input.

The Komori PCC software does have automatic mode. Its easy to set-up with your existing press templates and hotfolders. Setup the new automatic configuration with hotfolders and your press template. Then start automatic mode. The only pain is the name of PQO files which are generic numbers. We rename them to our standards in the export hotfolder.

Our Komori PCC software takes in PPF file, but they are generated to CIP3 standards. I don;t know why yours shouldn't either.

Rob

We just installed a Komori LS629. From Prinergy PrintLink I can't change the resolution of the CIP3 preview during the making of the .ppf. No matter what resolution I choose I always get what's below

CIP3BeginPreviewImage
CIP3BeginSeparation
/CIP3PreviewImageComponents 1 def
/CIP3PreviewImageWidth 390 def
/CIP3PreviewImageHeight 300 def
/CIP3PreviewImageMatrix [390 0 0 -300 0 300] def
/CIP3PreviewImageResolution [9.375 9.375] def
/CIP3PreviewImageBitsPerComp 8 def
/CIP3PreviewImageCompression /None def
/CIP3PreviewImageEncoding /ASCIIHexDecode def
CIP3PreviewImage

I don't also have the Komori press interface option in the PrintLink Specs. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

We have the same systems. Prinergy and 629 with PCC.

Pintlink settings:
Our Preview is set at medium.
Absolute file
0 rotation. Use JDF unchecked
one file per surface
Generic Press interface

Under file format : LZW
All else unchecked

@Rmac: thank you for your reply. I found out that the only problem was that the render was set up as 300x300 instead of 2400x2400. Silly mistake. I didn't start the template. All good now. Thank you again

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back