Cleaning Xerox DC250 Drums

Krull

We've recently had an engineer (non-Xerox) completely trash our drums on the DC250 with some cleaning fluid (I'm not yet certain what this fluid was).

Is it common to use a fluid when cleaning the drums? Over the last 10 years I don't remember seeing any Xerox engineers doing so.

Not positive on the 250, but I'm pretty sure that fluid would spell certain death on drums of any Xerox machine. On our Xerox machines you only use powder, and that's not even to "clean" the drums as much as lubricate them (which the toner does normally, but powder lubes it before toner touches it to prevent scratches). Generally one doesn't "clean" the drums at all, when their useful life is spent or they start exhibiting problems they are replaced. Corotrons would possibly get cleaned, you don't mean those right?

I would without a doubt say that your drums will need replaced...I doubt you can undo the damage they have done.

I have used rubbing alcohol on the drum of my Ricoh to clean the it off. I would venture it depends on what the drum is made of.

Not positive on the 250, but I'm pretty sure that fluid would spell certain death on drums of any Xerox machine. On our Xerox machines you only use powder, and that's not even to "clean" the drums as much as lubricate them (which the toner does normally, but powder lubes it before toner touches it to prevent scratches). Generally one doesn't "clean" the drums at all, when their useful life is spent or they start exhibiting problems they are replaced. Corotrons would possibly get cleaned, you don't mean those right?

I would without a doubt say that your drums will need replaced...I doubt you can undo the damage they have done.

We've already had to replace the drums (it's not the corotrons). I just wanted to get some perspectives on this as we are not convinced the engineer had the faintest clue what he was doing.

Iam a Xerox tech here in Australia.
Rule Number One....
Dont try to clean your drum surface you will damage it with very fine scratches no matter what you use to clean it with and dont use cleaning fluid you will kill it on the spot, It was not designed to be cleaned.

You can clean the Corotrons "the black roller above the drum" but only with a dry clean rag but keep in mind by doing this you still run the risk of damaging it. beening you might see whip makes repeating down the print on light colour prints. if your lucky by running solid colour prints they will clear up.

With powder lubes dont waste your time the m/c auto lubes the drums just before they start to print thats what the m/c is doing before it prints. And on top of that if you do powder lubes your drums you also run the risk of that lube repeating up on the corotrons and causing dots repeating down your prints.

At the end of the day if you have a problem with your drum replace it and if you dont have one in stock to finish your job try cleaning the corotrons and cross your fingers to see if you will get more life out of your drum unit..

Sorry for beening so blunt but one thing that rubbes me up the wrong way is when a so called tech's walk in to a customers place not knowing what the hell he is doing and damaging the m/c.

Now i will give u guys a heads up if your not on a service contract with Xerox and your drum life ends "saying replace now" and m/c stops printing.
There is a NVM you can change in the m/c to keep it running and get MAX life from your drums if you did not have any problems with them.
It will tell you to "replace the drum now" but you can still continue printing. It will not stop printing and wait for a new drum. HEhehehe have i got your attention now!!! ;-)

set NVM 751-448 to 1 (warns and continues printing)
If you dont know how to get into service mode let me know iam out of time to type step by step right now and No you dont need a laptop everything can be done from your touch screem panel on the m/c. But most Xerox tech Dont know how to do this.. Thats why they use laptop's its easyer for them and makes them look more professional but even that at times still dont help them look more professional..

Mate came a cross it for dc12 a few years ago but dont remember it now. Ill have a look around for it..

316, is there a similr NVM for the 700DCP? Are there other NVM settings you care to share? Could come in useful.

250 Service Manual

250 Service Manual

hi
anybody have a service manual for dc 250 ?

please give me a link...

thanks

Hi, I have Xerox DC 252 having problem with black Drum, when i am printing Black Blare Line printing on left side Horizontally when i check the Drum i saw a Fading line on left side its a new Drum any possibility to remove that line i try all things Developer Unit clean and Developer unit miler change every thing any other solution to clean that Drum Marks only few days ago i buy that drum give me some possibility to clean that Drum Marks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back