colormunki

Is it possible to use this device to measure dot gain like a regular densitometer. I think it will fit my needs for color management but i will need to optimize my press first and that means new dot gain curves.

thanks for the help
john

Re: colormunki

>Is it possible to use this device to measure dot gain like a regular densitometer.

I doubt it (and by that I mean "no", but I don't work for Xrite). It might be possible that you could extract the spectral data and calculate density and TVI in say Excel, but I don't know. You could calculate density/dotgain from the Lab values, but they don't always match values gleaned from spectral, and again, its a manual process.

For the functionality you're looking for, you might want either a separate instrument geared toward process control, or say and i1 Pro spectro, which is more readily supported by third party software companies that can get you the data you need. BabelColor CT&A Spectral Tools for example, you can get density and dotgain info quite readily.

Thanks, thats what i suspected but i couldnt find a reference in any of their documentation.

Thanks for the reply!

Dont you hava a press desitometer? You should be able to use that to measure your Dotgain for TVI values.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back