Colour identifier preps???

Bansheei

Hi there Guys, Im sorry about this question, im a bit lost.

I havent been priveliged with proper training on preps, im learning via manuals :(

On the Bottom of plates you have a identifier of Cyan (in cyan) Magenta (in magenta) Yellow (in Yellow) Black in Black and any PMS in the PMS colour relevant... So the printer knows what separation it is to put on his units.

How is anyone putting these on there templates? 'Which' mark *smart, static...
How, how, which...

Any info and steps would be appreciated.
:confused:

If I understand your question correctly, you need to add a "text mark" to the bottom of your template. You should find it in the "add static mark" menu.

What I do is add the following text mark to all of my templates...

$Comment $Jobname $Date $Time $SigSide $Color

I usually make the size of it 3.5" wide by .125 tall...that's always been big enough to fit all of that text on the plate.

The comment variable will take the data that you enter into the "comment" box when printing your .JOB file (I make it a short description of what the job is).

Use the text variable $Color in a text mark or a flat identifier mark, static or smart. Look under text variables in the manual's index.

Al

Yes, when you purchase a copy of preps there is 1 or 2 days free training supplied by them, but my boss somehow made a deal to get the program cheaper, without the free training...
*Its not the easiest to get your head around when you've been imposing in indesign and quark for 12years and your the only prepress operator in the company...
And everyone just expects me to know the program inside out. Meow!
Thanks Everyone else for your help :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back