Comparrison of RIP Software (EFI Fiery vs Caldera vs Onyx)

rhayling

I currently have EFI XF ver 4.5 for proofing and EFI Fiery ver 6.1 for wide format.

I am considering moving to to Caldera or Onyx for both.

Needed are suggestion and experiences \ pros and cons.

I have used all three of them, but my favorite is Colorgate. You can get demos of these RIPs and try them out.

A question about your Fiery XF Version 6.1. Do you not have color rendering problems when using Nesting or Step and Repeat. I never had those problem with 5 or earlier but when I upgraded to 6.0 I could and Fiery could never solve those problems so I moved on.

Thank you, I will look at Colorgate. I had some issues with Fiery from 6 to 6.1 that weren't there before also.

I am a big Caldera fan. Simpler to use, and profile than both Onyx and Fiery. It has better color adjustment tools than Fiery but the last time I used Onyx, 10 years ago, Onyx was better. Support is good from Fiery and Caldera. We use both Fiery and Onyx currently but I think we will switch over to Caldera fully this year. It runs on Linux and Mac which are both better operating systems than Windows. My .02$

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back