Complete HB system. FInaLIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packin'JP

Congrats!

Yeah ME!!!! (Sorry too much Disney Channel with the kids).

As of 7/08 the paper work has been signed!!!

OK fellow HB users. You got a new kid on the Block.
Starting 10/08 we will have installed a brand new CTP system from Heidelberg. The new release is supposed to be available in September. (As per Germany). We are going to wait for the upgrade.
It has been almost two years in the making. We looked at all the major manufactures and we feel "HB" is going to do it for us.

A complete system including the new Z2100 8up HP proofer, A Suprasetter 105, "CHEM FREE" plates, The DELL server, Signa workstation, Meta shooter, etc.... 2 weeks of training at Heidelberg and 15 days on sight.

I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!

I looked toward these boards during my studies of all the major vendors out there and all I got was HELP. LOTS OF IT!!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

I'll see you on the other side.

James

Re: Complete HB system. FInaLIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cha ching. wow. how great. you are going to be so happy.

what did you have before?

I grew up on a Rampage Rip with Fuji products since about 92 or 93.

I started working here 2 years ago. This is our first system.

You won't notice that much with Meta and the Adobe PDF Print Engine.
(Mostly just because it works like crazy without interaction.)
You will notice Signa. It is wonderful.
If you have been using Preps - you will think Heaven has arrived on Earth.
The processing choices and trapping choics before Signa will let you sleep very well at nignts - as well.

MSD

I just hope the learning curve isn't too steep.

We have a lot of training involved both on sight and at HB Headquarters in Jersey.

We purchased a "Folding Packaging" option where one of the features allows me to import a CAD file and drag and drop FPO's into a layout.

My Preps days are waaay over.

I don't think it gets any easier then that!

We went from Preps/Rampage (+ Fuji CTP) last year to a complete HB install and honestly haven't looked back.

We had about 2 weeks with a couple of Heidelberg tech guys on site. They showed us the software and set up our various plate requirements in Signa Station. Printready is a revelation and (although not perfect) the many acrobat plugins we purchased (varnish, geometry, registration and spot colour to name a few) are extremely useful.

In particular trapping is pretty much set it and forget it. Unless you get a job with certain opaque colours (silver/gold etc.) where a little manual involvement might be required.

I agree with WharfRat Sign is heaven after plugging away on Preps.

Enjoy!

Hello, I'm trying put into work a Rampage System v10.6.
We don't have the user manual, so we are somehow lost.
Can I get a copy of your's, or any ideas of where can I find it ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back