Corel Draw 12 vignette screen problem

daz167

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble outputting a vignette screen to my image setter.
I am getting a lot of stepping in the actual screens.

Program: Corel Draw v12
RIP: Postscript Rip 50 Linotype Hell
Image Setter: Herkules PRO set up for negative film.
PPD Driver: Linotype Herkules Plate HQS V 3.7

The colour of this particular vignette is from 50% orange 021 to white. About half way from bottom to top of an A4 sheet.

When I go to print options it comes up with 1 problem with job: screening may show banding. Try increasing number of steps in screen...etc. I have tried all the solutions provided, but with no luck. And the weird thing is the job actually displays on the computer screen as banding (you can see the banding before printing!) :confused:

Please, some tech advice or fix on this would be greatly appreciated....

Regards
Darren

Corel 12 Banding Issues

Corel 12 Banding Issues

Corel Version 12 had some issues with a number of it's features. ( Go to Untitled Document for updates )

One way around this problem is to convert the vignette to a 800dpi tif image and see if it will RIP this way.

Looks low res on screen but should print sharp, hard to work with the RIP50 ( No Roam prior to Output )

We had a RIP 50 and Quaser Setter a couple of years back. ( Miss it, Great setup for its day.)

Hope this helps

Vignette Screen Problem

Vignette Screen Problem

Thanks Amsman,

I tried what you suggested but I still had the same problem......then I started to think....years ago we use to do our vignette screening onto POSITIVE film and didn't have any problems. I figured that the Burn down unit burns around the dots with a positive (making the dot smaller the longer you burn) and the opposite with a negative which burns through the dot making the dot larger. So I made some film in Postitive mode last night, and hey presto, the vignette even looks smooth on the film!! I'd better order some pos developer & pos plates now!!! :D

I know deep down there must be a solution to the neg problem with vignette screens. I've now had 2 technicians working on the RIP, getting screening properties right etc. but they haven't had any luck neither. :rolleyes:

Anyone out there with more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards
Darren

My experience with the banding with blends is that most time there is visible banding in the negative itself, but when we plate it then print it we do not see the banding on the printed piece most times, so banding in the neg is not necessarily a problem that will translate to the printed piece.

hi Mr please can you help me
i have herkules pro , it is stopped to work when i check i read this message 5.2 v not ok what i can do please
zouhair from morocco
thanks & best regards

mr

mr

Hi fellow friends i am a beginner setting up my press,i have a herkules imagesetter which we are installing now,it starts but unfortunately the display panel dosen't boot up,can someone with an idea help or someone who has come across such situation.Thanks:):)

Hi Yaw

Sounds like you are having problems with the program disk, which is a floppy disk located in the left panel of the Herkules Imagesetter. Open the panel by popping it off at the top, and you will see a 3 1/2 floppy drive right down low on the side of the imagesetter. Eject the disk with the program on it. See what version you are running. I think we are running Herk 4.01. There should also be some manuals in a folder there too, with some disks in it too hopefully.

If you email me I will email you a copy of my program disk which should fix your problem.
Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Darren

yaw need help with my herkules

yaw need help with my herkules

Hi everyone i'm having a problem with my recently bought used linotype herkules which the control panel is not bootingup b'cos the drum is not moving,darren had sent me a program he use on his machine,i had used a disc cleaner to clean the drive but with no luck,i need help so is someone there who can helllllllllllllllp.Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back