Corel X5 Gradient lead postscript error

padrao

Hi . I hope any one can help understanding where the problem is comming ,

I have one file ,witch i can print ok with corel X3, X4 but on X5 always get postcript error.

" %%[ Error: typecheck; OffendingCommand: ifelse ]%%
Stack:
{--pop-- --currentoverprint-- {false} {SeparateInColor {0 0 0 0
SetCmyk_5 true} {1 SetGry true} --ifelse--} --ifelse--}
{/set_color dexec true}
[16.6667 0.0 0.0 -16.6667 -17598.4 14293.3] "

And if i convert the pantone to CMYK all its ok, why i can´t output the file with Pantone ?

See attached file .

All the best

Padrao

Attachments

• New WinZip File.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 194
Don't listen to M&M.... many happy more CorelDraw users world wide than Frustrator. I printed your file as a composite fine, but got the error on separations. If I make an oval and use the drop shadow tool to create the glow it works fine. Hope that helps a bit.

Your files contents gradients are combined with many objects as pantone (spot) colors. Therefore, problem may caused when file convert spot color to process color.

My recommendation is export it to PDF-X/1a, if your workflow is PDF. If you need PS file to output, you can resave it to PS file in Acrobat Pro.

Does your CorelDraw X5 updated? Service pack or patch may fix such problems as well.

Hope it helpful to you.

Regards,

Sambo

PS: I had problem with upload file (your file converted to PDF).

Last edited:
Corel X5 problem .

Corel X5 problem .

Hi .

Thanks for all support , i know if i create on PDF its ok . But my question is why this file don´t work with corel X5.
If i open this file with a lower version like 4 example X4 everything is ok .
I will try do do some tests ,i know if i convert the pantone to process on the print menu i don´t get any problem .

All the Best
Padrao

Your files contents gradients are combined with many objects as pantone (spot) colors. Therefore, problem may caused when file convert spot color to process color.

My recommendation is export it to PDF-X/1a, if your workflow is PDF. If you need PS file to output, you can resave it to PS file in Acrobat Pro.

Does your CorelDraw X5 updated? Service pack or patch may fix such problems as well.

Hope it helpful to you.

Regards,

Sambo

PS: I had problem with upload file (your file converted to PDF).

I have found when I use a PANTONE 0% I get this error. If I change the 0% to 1% I do not get the error but then I get somewhat noticeable dots. I have tried everything as well as back print i.e. open the file in X4 and print separations just fine. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back