Crosfield Drum Scanner

delta_e

Just curious...what do you all think a Crosfield Scantex drum scanner is worth? I have one that I'm looking to unload and would like to know its value. It's old, but it still in very good condition. Thanks!

-delta_e

Re: Crosfield Drum Scanner

We had the same thing and couldn't give it away. We ended up recycling the metal.

If you can't unload the scanner I might take it off your hands.
Where are you located?

we contemplated turning ours into a bbq with a rotisserie, but figured it probably couldn't handle the high temperatures, plus the sauce would just spin off at the high speeds. so we ended up scrapping it.

Oh, the good old days of endless typing, cal and values.... Hats off to the wonderful team that was once in Hemel, though.

Remember Cal 530? I have one I cannot get rid of either. I can remember that thing running 60 plus hours a week! Alan

not familiar with that model, how does it compare to the magnascan series?..i've been looking to find a 646 or a celsis model as it has the mac interface but most of them aren't anywhere near Chicago...

Nick, I have a 646 magnascan with a mac interface running Celsis. I'm in Richmond, VA if you want it. Alan

not familiar with that model, how does it compare to the magnascan series?..i've been looking to find a 646 or a celsis model as it has the mac interface but most of them aren't anywhere near Chicago...
Crosfield Scantex was esentially a Celsis 630 scanner unit, but was a special model which included a proprietary Scitex interface board, so it could only be interfaced onto Scitex systems. If I remember correctly they were painted black to match the Scitex livery. --Barry--

Cal 530

Cal 530

Simon, yep you are right. I did many over the years. I always remember the scans coming out casted to the cyan side though. Alan

I am looking for an engineer who can install a Celsis 6250 on the East Coast. I found a guy on the West Coast, but it was cost prohibitive to have him travel across the country.

The unit to be installed will be in the Carolinas.

Thank you

Looking for a Drum Scanner

Looking for a Drum Scanner

Hello-

If any of you have a drum scanner in good working condition, please let me know. I will take it off your hands. I am in the Southeast USA and can pick it up from anywhere around there. I am willing to travel quite far. Please email me at [email protected] to discuss.

Thank you,

Eliot Dudik

jeez this thread takes me back, i believe we kept the drums for sentimetal value the rest (old decomisioned 470, 540's and 636) went to scrap 8 years ago, we used the Wright Technology interface which was a very clever piece of kit in its day.

What do people use these days?

What do people use these days?

Hello,

I am surprised at the number of responses to this thread saying that they sold off their drum scanners for scrap metal. Why do people no longer use them? What are they using now?

Thank you,
Eliot

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back