Ct/lw

I have an old Dalim workflow that uses Scitex CT/LW regardless of the input file. Of course this is an Adobe world for the most part, but I can't afford to go to a new workflow just yet. I seem to be having better luck with PDF/X-4 (live) than X-1a or X-3 (both flattened) when it comes to transparencies. What is the experience of the Rampage people with this?

People running the latest version are using straight PDFs from the applications through the PDF Trap engine. This keeps the transparency with no flattening

Regarding the latest Rampage version and RIPping PDFs, do you ever encounter discrepancies between the final imaged plate and the soft proof?

If by soft proof you mean a Rampage Monitor Proof... then to plate... I have never seen a discrepency.
I have seen poorly prepared PDFs that rip differently from what is expected. But that could be true in any workflow.

I do not have a PDF trap engine, like Rampage 11.2, and am curious. Is the PDF ever flattened, and if so, at what stage?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back