CustomPoint - Is it custom enough?

mattf

http://www.banta.com/CustomPoint

Saw this at WhatTheyThink.com and I was skeptical at first. I looked through their website, they are very organized in order to handle as many jobs as they can in a system that is clear, concise and easily accessible by anyone who needs these services. Reminds me of Vista Print or 24Hour Printing. Some questions I have with this, people might not know this, is this service really about custom manufacturing?

For instance, can they do a 15K run, 6C job, all spot colors save for black on Strathmore Pure Cotton Writing 24 lb Writing Uncoated Ultimate White Wove Finish 35" x 23" with a finish flat size of 26.375" x 6" folded to 4.5" x 6", shrinked in 100s, 2 cartons sent to Canada, 2 to New York, and the rest sent to Kentucky? Can they also do something even more complicated then the specific example I just gave? I am not sure if this can be answered, but their copyright is 2006-2008, so they have been around for a bit, someone must have either heard of it or knows something about it.

... can they do a 15K run, 6C job, all spot colors save for black on Strathmore Pure Cotton Writing 24 lb Writing Uncoated Ultimate White Wove Finish 35" x 23" with a finish flat size of 26.375" x 6" folded to 4.5" x 6", shrinked in 100s, 2 cartons sent to Canada, 2 to New York, and the rest sent to Kentucky?

Seriously? I doubt it, mattf. You asked the question last October and I'm the first to reply. Sometimes no answer IS the answer. See my post at http://printplanet.com/forums/web-enabled-printing-systems/16651-new-member-questions about Web2Print estimating. For the job you describe, somebody still has to get involved. Somebody with a pulse.

Hal Heindel
www.morningflight.com

Of course they can do that!

Of course they can do that!

I realize this reply is months late, but the company whose URL is posted is RR Donnelley, the largest printing company in the world. The job you described would be a simple task for them.

I realize this reply is months late, but the company whose URL is posted is RR Donnelley, the largest printing company in the world. The job you described would be a simple task for them.

Of course its RR Donnelley, and of course they "can" do it. But is it really profitable for them? I didn't know the scope of the ordering system so I was trying to figure out how specific they actually did get or was it just an online ordering system for large vendors?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back