Cut Sheet Color Printers that natively support AFP/IPDS?

We are looking to replace Canon imageRunner 9065's on the cut sheet side of a primarily continous form inkjet shop. A major pain point has been time it takes to route jobs from Mainframe or RPD through a transform and then RIP on the Fiery. Are their any color cut sheet device/front end configurations out there that natively support IPDS? We would be looking for something in the 80-100 ppm range with monthly volumes from 300K-500K. As these are primarily machines for reprints of work produced the continuous inkjet machines, image quality is less critical than speed and AFP/IPDS support. We'd like to avoid transforms if possible.

Does anyone know a of good solution for this aplication?

That's a possibility. We already have a relationship with K-M, but the C8000s we have in another department have been problematic and can't consistently push the kind of volume we need for this application. I'll reach out to my Kodak contact to see if any other machines/manufacturers support Creo. Thanks!

RISO ComColor X1 with IPDS Controller might be worth exploring. Several roll fed ink jet printers uses ComColor for reprint support.

The ComColor X1 looks like exactly the type of speed and capacity we want, but I don't know that vendor. Have you had a relationship with them and if you have, how would you characterize their service?

We are looking to replace Canon imageRunner 9065's on the cut sheet side of a primarily continous form inkjet shop. A major pain point has been time it takes to route jobs from Mainframe or RPD through a transform and then RIP on the Fiery. Are their any color cut sheet device/front end configurations out there that natively support IPDS? We would be looking for something in the 80-100 ppm range with monthly volumes from 300K-500K. As these are primarily machines for reprints of work produced the continuous inkjet machines, image quality is less critical than speed and AFP/IPDS support. We'd like to avoid transforms if possible.

Hello there - I manage the social media presence for Xerox's Graphic Communication business - so hope you don't mind me jumping in. Bjorgvin is correct...Xerox's FreeFlow Print Server does natively RIP IPDS, and since any and every printer in the Xerox production portfolio can be driven by FFPS, any Xerox engine will natively work.

Based on your needs for a color cut-sheet device, 80-100ppm, and monthly volume of 300-500k - this site might be a good resource for you: Digital Printing Solutions and Services - Xerox

All the best,

Bill

Service is typically from dealer channel. Machines are reliable and design is pretty simple. Never any real issues.

Ricoh offers an integrated Fiery-RSA IPDSPrint solution called Powerport. Email me if you'd like more info or a production print sales contact in your area.

--I am a Ricoh employee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back