dark band length of the plate

Raj.p

Hi i am new to this forum but badly need some help, the imagesetter i use is a agfa Avalon v4 or originally Palladio 2, with processes less plates which was installed in 2010, my boss decide not to have service contract so it is costing a fortune the problem is i am getting a dark band right a cross the length of the plate and when put on our press it looks bad a special on a flat tint, i have had the laser, the spinner , cylindrical lens the Mcon circuit board which is the big board, lens have been cleaned by me and agfa and a chap from screen , the processor is clean with new chemistry and new scrubber rollers the plates i use are agfa azura vi, i imaged a plate stopped the imagesetter turned the plate and the band is still the same but the other way because i turned the plate i have been in touch with litho supplies to see if they do the same plates but with the grain going in the opposite direction

thanks Raj

nelly

I had a similar horizontal band problem with my platerite 2055. Turned out to be a mote of dust on the long glass lens thingy. Was very nervous removing it and cleaning it I can tell you. Sorted the problem though.

maxon

Wait until late in the evening and redo a test exposure with platesetter and cleaning machine in total obscurity. You have plate fogging somewhere.

Raj.p

Hi Nelly thanks for getting back to me the agfa engineers put a new cylindrical lens if thats the one you're referring to but no difference so still trying to find the cause

thanks Raj

Canon Research

Canon
Advancing Productivity and Service Delivery
Enhancing the Print Customer Connection (Part 4)

Read All About It