Dart 4300 E Plate transfer beep

Kernie

We recently moved into a smaller shop where were are in close proximity to our CSR's. For the most part we're not much of a bother to them, until a plate ejects from our Dart 4300 E plate imager. We got rid of our chem processor and switched to the Ecomaxx plate so it ejects the plate back out the front and beeps til we touch ok or take the plate out. Does anyone know if it's possible to shut off the plate transfer notification beeps?

I don't believe the notification can be turned off.
Earlier 4300's had an adjustable beeper with a vloume control in the upper left corner of the beeper itself.
Later ones have a non adjustable and obnoxious beeper. Packing tape over the speaker quiets it considerably.
The beeper is located under the lower left hand panel while facing plate load door.

I had a feeling it couldn't be turned off, and yes, it is a bit obnoxious! Do you know if that panel pops off, or is it screwed down? I didn't see screws around it, but didn't want to try and force it in case they here hidden.

Thanks for the feedback I'll look into those options and hopefully get on with more important things!

Last edited:
To remove the panel, you must remove the lower front panel and the left (away) side panel., then you will see the screws that hold the lower left panel on.
Speaker is in the upper right.
The last one I looker at was black, maybe 1.5 inches square.
If it's adjustable, there will be a small circular opening on the upper left (I think) corner of the speaker. Use a small screw driver and turn counterclockwise.
If not adjustable, I've used tape to muffle it.

I had the same issue with a customer in southern California. I dimished the sound considerably by putting a peice of tape over the tan speaker on the control side
of the device. this is very simple. send me an email and I can coach you through it...

I am screen certified

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back