Darwin & DirecType

jcbugs

First Post here, about time. I work for an offset printer and we recently purchased a NexPress 2500. Along with this we bought Darwin so that we could dive head first into variable data. Well, along the way a salesman thought that DirecType was the perfect solution for personalized images. Well needless to say, support from Kodak (for a product they say they support) is next to none, alot of exchanged emails with no solid answers. Any thoughts on the combined operation of these 2 programs would be greatly appreciated. Specifically having problems with naming images in DirecType to match lookup files that are generated in Darwin. Thank You

Darwin and DT integration

Darwin and DT integration

Hi,

In case you are using Darwin Pro on a PC, you have a direct integration with DT.
Attached is a document explaining this integration.
If this is not the case, you can reply here or send me an email directly.

Best regards,
Ron

Attachments

• PI_Darwin_DTDS.pdf
    128.1 KB · Views: 284
Hello, could you answer me a quick question regarding Directype? When I run the 'Producer' it is creating the .TIFFs with a IBM PC format but I need it to be 'Mac'. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Douglas

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back