Decision: Creo Trendsetter 800 or Agfa Azura

Decision: Creo Trendsetter 800 or Agfa Azura

• Agfa Azura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creo Trendsetter 800 Quantum (7 years old)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rickself

After 11 months out of work, I have finally returned to the prepress workforce! After 25 years, I must be crazy!
I do have a dilema:
Anyone have any advice on either of these two? Our company is moving, finally , to CTP and looking at the Creo Trendsetter 800 Quantum. A reliable source is saying to steer clear due to the high cost of replacement diodes. He recommends the Agfa Accento. He loves it, the pressmen love it. I just know nothing about either and am supposed to help with the decision - after all it will be my department.

Anything good, bad, or ugly about either.
Thanks so much.

Poll topic should read Agfa Accento

Last edited:
1. You compare apples and oranges.
Trendsetter is a CTP machine
Azura - AGFA plates
2. If you meant AGFA Accento (Screen CTP)- That comparison has been done many times, just google it.

rickself, your question sounds quite reasonable without polling.
It's better to use the poll to compare comparable or to vote "pro" and "contra".

Last edited:
1. You compare apples and oranges.
Trendsetter is a CTP machine
Azura - AGFA plates
2. If you meant AGFA Accento (Screen CTP)- That comparison has been done many times, just google it.
You are correct, it is the Accento CTP I was speaking of. I will find some comparisons.

also, if you get the Trendsetter, and not a contract, make sure to use a low power plate.
8-9 watts or less would be fine.
Some of the Agfa plates like Azurra get set to 14 watts, lowering the life of the head.
A Screen CTP is usually more economical.

After 11 months out of work, I have finally returned to the prepress workforce! After 25 years, I must be crazy!
I do have a dilema:
Anyone have any advice on either of these two? Our company is moving, finally , to CTP and looking at the Creo Trendsetter 800 Quantum. A reliable source is saying to steer clear due to the high cost of replacement diodes. He recommends the Agfa Accento. He loves it, the pressmen love it. I just know nothing about either and am supposed to help with the decision - after all it will be my department.

Anything good, bad, or ugly about either.
Thanks so much.

Poll topic should read Agfa Accento

Agfa Acento with Azura Laser(Process less Imager) to image on Azura Plates. This is what you meant. I will go for Acento/ Screen for few reasons.
1- Acento is screen Technology. It is a reliable machine.
2- Trendsetter is a reliable machine too, but there are problems with Service Shell access by third Party and the cost of laser repair.This all goes back to the Marketing of Kodak after taking over the Creo. They control service in order to sell consumables.

As I mentioned, The best is to go for a Screen/ Agfa with Process less type laser and the clean out unit. I have seen many Screen Machines use Process less Plates as Acento is Screen Technology, you will find Parts (used and New), Inexpensive Laser repair cost and Plenty of Service Engineers to look after your machine.

Hope this will help!

Regards,

Last edited:
Thank you, that is good information. I fear the high cost of repairs down the road.

Agfa Acento with Azura Laser(Process less Imager) to image on Azura Plates. This is what you meant. I will go for Acento/ Screen for few reasons.
1- Acento is screen Technology. It is a reliable machine.
2- Trendsetter is a reliable machine too, but there are problems with Service Shell access by third Party and the cost of laser repair.This all goes back to the Marketing of Kodak after taking over the Creo. They control service in order to sell consumables.

As I mentioned, The best is to go for a Screen/ Agfa with Process less type laser and the clean out unit. I have seen many Screen Machines use Process less Plates as Acento is Screen Technology, you will find Parts (used and New), Inexpensive Laser repair cost and Plenty of Service Engineers to look after your machine.

Hope this will help!

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back