Decompiling an ICC profile to see the lookups?

Shaare

Looks like ICC profiles are 8bit encoded so its goobledygook in Notepad.
How can I view the lookup (LAB to CMYK) created in a printer's ICC profile?

it might be possible (depends on the creator of the profile, is there a look up table or not inside...) with chromix color think, a much more less expensive tool as the big ones like print open or others. (Nearby a recommended and good investment in future if you want to know something about, compare or just investigate icc profiles ...)

There in you have to create a worksheet with the profile and you need a chart-file (as a picture), ideally the printer profile is made with, but others are working too...

then colorthink shows you a table with all patches in the chartfile and you can save it as a textfile

If you will send me via PM the profile and a chart i can try it for you

Attachments

• color Think shows look up.png
    color Think shows look up.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 502
  • special chart.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 346
on my Mac i find only an ".exe-file"... ;-)

And in the ColorSync-tool i could not find the lookup :-(

Thanks @cementary
got it now: as well as in the old profile inspector on windows as in the colorsync-tool on a mac the signature "targ" shows the LUT´s, but not every icc-profile has such a signature (e.g. some Munken-profiles...)

Attachments

• Spectralcalc_PNG_image_2020_05_19_23_39_42_PM.png
    Spectralcalc_PNG_image_2020_05_19_23_39_42_PM.png
    829 KB · Views: 325
  • Spectralcalc_PNG_image_2020_05_19_23_39_58_PM.png
    Spectralcalc_PNG_image_2020_05_19_23_39_58_PM.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 339

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back