Delete a link in InDesign/DataMerge

MJNC

Hi PrintPlanet folk!
I have a 403 page InDesign file that was generated using DataMerge in InDesign CS5.

When I open the document, InDesign says it’s missing a link. The .csv file it was created from has a link(?) in the “links” window - but the .csv has been deleted. (Once DataMerge merges the doc, the .csv file is no longer necessary.)

Now even the text boxes used for the merge have been deleted from the Master Page!
All I want to do is make the darn link(?) name in the link window go away.

Any suggestions?
Thanks - and peace to the PrintPlanet!
_mjnc

In the Window menu > Utilities > Data Merge. Highlight the link. Go to the options menu fly out on the Data Merge palette window and select the Remove Data Source command.

Stephen Marsh

Hi PrintPlanet folk!
I have a 403 page InDesign file that was generated using DataMerge in InDesign CS5.

When I open the document, InDesign says it’s missing a link. The .csv file it was created from has a link(?) in the “links” window - but the .csv has been deleted. (Once DataMerge merges the doc, the .csv file is no longer necessary.)

Now even the text boxes used for the merge have been deleted from the Master Page!
All I want to do is make the darn link(?) name in the link window go away.

Any suggestions?
Thanks - and peace to the PrintPlanet!
_mjnc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back