Digital print estimating app

ErnieLail

I designed a digital print estimating application for android and iOS. The updated version of Digital QuikQuote is live on the apple app store, and google play.

If you would like to try the app you can get it here...

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.DigitalQuikQuote
*Make sure you are using the latest Adobe AIR package.

Apple App Store
Https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-quikquote-pro/id556435679?mt=8

***As of 8/14/13, this app has been sold, so I am no longer supporting it. Updates should be coming soon from the new owner.

Last edited:
Please let me know what you guys think... If you have any ideas for improvement, requested features or if you find any bugs just let me know. ernie[at]maranthatechnologies.com

Also, please leave me a good review on the app store/google play if you would be so kind. Thanks again for your help!

hello, i just bought your app from the app store for my iphone. i am interested. however, i cant get into the settings i need to to make the prices work for me. am i missing something? this is something i would really like. please let me know.

scott
[email protected]

thanks

Are you talking about click costs? Did you click the text box and insert the pricing you needed, then click save? That should save your click costs into the calculation formula. Ill send you an email to see if i can help.

Last edited:
hello, i put my actual click costs in. same with the paper. it appears that you are marking up or somehow changing the calculation. that is where i am lost. i also changed the upcharge and the min to try and make adjustments there. i think i will really like your software once i figure it out. i am presently using a similar idea that i cobbled up in excel but its not near as friendly as yours. you did a nice job, i would like to make it work for me. are you using a markup of some kind?

thanks

scott

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Yes the formula is based on a marking up the total job cost. Its a sliding scale, so as the quantity of sheets increase the markup decreases. Theres a min up charge and max up charge (Greater for flat sheets and less of a mark up for booklets). I based the up charge amounts on what the company i work for charges for printing.

I'm going to release an update to the app that will allow you to edit the upcharge amount from the general settings this weekend. Hopefully also show total material investment and profit when you press "Calculate". May take a week and a half for apple to approve, so please be patient.

In the meantime you could decrease or increase the cost by adjusting the click charges, or adding an additional operation that adds or subtracts from each sheet.

Android Users: That update will be live on Google Play this weekend.

Last edited:
hello, that sounds great. i will look forward to it. you have done a great job. i will get back with you when you get the update. good luck.

scott

Okay guys the updated app is now live on Google Play and will be available in a week or so on the Apple App Store. The update allows user defined max and min up charge amount. That way you can specify how much you want to mark up the material invested. Also added boxes to the calculate screens that show the "Material Investment" amount, as well as the amount of "Profit". Material investment does not include additional operations.

Here's the android version...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.DigitalQuikQuote

Once apple reviews the iOS app the update will be available...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digital-quikquote-pro/id556435679?mt=8

If you were an android tester please email me if you would like the update. iOS testers will get the update once its released from Apple.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back