Digital Printing Publication Setup and Workflow software

SYNCHRONICITY

I would like to get a feel for what current users of Preflight and Workflow software "Like" and also, "Dislike" about your software systems and setup. I'm trying to pick a software suit to produce digital work including a lot of publications or books.

I've run through a demo of Xerox's Freeflow Makeready software. The ability to use this as a master to import and create a publication from multiple file formats and tweak line up between the front and back sides of a page via a virtually light table function before a job hits the printer is pretty nice looking to me. I also like the fact that this is standalone software and not a Frankenstein made up of multiple plugins each with their own problems or tech support lines.

I've also seen a little of the Oce Prisma software which seems to have some of the same features of the Xerox Freeflow and I've been "reading" some info on Markzware's Flightcheck software and it looks from the outside like it might also be what I'm looking for. Anyone who has some input into this would be a great help to me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back