Does your KM C6000....

Craig

Does it show the toner levels either on the UI or from Command Workstation?

Does it show in the UI the progression of the job (minutes left, number printed)?

We had one installed as a second box to our Xerox and none of these are showing. My tech said they won't but I am not to sure about this guy.

Thanks!!

C8000 Here - No, and no. Toner always shows as 100% full (until it completely runs out) and the time is always wrong. It's annoying.

There's a "Fiery ticker" application on our Fiery that shows approximate time for a running job though.
It's fairly accurate unless you're only printing a section of a file - then it will give you a time calculation as if you were printing the entire file.

C6000 - Fiery RIP
Toner levels, as PrintIT described, always 100% or empty in the consumables pane, but there will be sufficient warning (at machine UI and CWS) when they are low to alert and allow you to replace them before the machine stops.

Job progression - never (seems) correct at the machine.
I have never seen a time estimate in either UI, only a pages count.
Copy count (page count) is very close to real time in CWS.

The C6000 reports three states through its SNMP MIB :Full Toner,Near Toner,Empty
Make sure you are using the latest version of command workstation and that your Fiery is fully updated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back