DOLEV 200 ""F516 Smart Watch" error

ArtDept

We are running a Dolev 200 connected via optical to a Mac on system 9 running PSM software. We have had 2 boards get the Smart Watch error and we don't know how to reset it. Does anyone know how to do it?

thanks,

Jim
Art dept.
Rainbo Records

Do you know how to connect the Dolev through Diagnostics? Is that specialized software and/or hardware? I have it connected to a Mac now, and it has some diagnostics, but not that option.

The Diagnostics software runs on an external PC, connected by a serial cable to the appropriate connector on the Dolevs' back.
I guess you will need an Ex-Scitex field technician.

Thank you. Do you have any suggestions whee I can find one? Should I try a new post? I have three boards with the smart watch problem and only one working one, so I'm trying to solve this problem before my last board goes...

If you can't find an Ex-Scitex field technician in your area, try searching for an extra board.
Post the name and part number of that board and search ebay.

Hello!

I have experience in fixing F516 Smart Watch error at Dolev.
I fix it via replacing some chips at CID board (see it photo) of this imagesetter.

Is this relevant topic? Or you have already repaired your Dolev.

Have a nice day!

Attachments

• photo7836.jpg
    photo7836.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 403
Hello!

I have experience in fixing F516 Smart Watch error at Dolev.
I fix it via replacing some chips at CID board (see it photo) of this imagesetter.

Is this relevant topic? Or you have already repaired your Dolev.

Have a nice day!

Hello,
Can you tell me what chips do you service on this board?
Thanks

Hello,
I have Scitex Dolev 200 got the Smart watch error. I tried modifying on the CID board the time keeper chip Dallas DS12216 with extermal battery. Tried upgraded time keeper chip DS11243-120. Replace the 3 Nonvoloatile SRam Dallas DS1230y-150.
But still get F516:Smart Watch error.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back