Dolev 800 errors and spinner board breakers

bgwinn

Hello Everyone
I apologize if this post twice.

I am dealing with several errors.

Data Pos 5v error
Work Point Set Error
Laser Extra Current

Data Pos 5v error has shown up for a while and spinner board breakers have popped up a few times over the past month.

This is happing now:
Spinner board breakers pop up at start up. Spinner turns easily by hand. I've checked laser by unpluging fibre and at unit and light is coming from cable. Final end of cable seems like would be hard to reach without disassembly. I do not know how hard that is to do.

Dianostics under LDR/Laser intensity passed, efficiency passed, Stability failed, Fober Integ failed. Retested and intensity and efficiency failed

also under LDR Knee value failed.

OMC__12c Chip failed
Int Pattern, Int. Slash Failed , Int. Grid and Int. Diamond Passed.

We are located in the Greenville SC area if there is a recommended service person.

Thank you for any advice.
Barry

Hello Everyone
I apologize if this post twice.

I am dealing with several errors.

Data Pos 5v error
Work Point Set Error
Laser Extra Current

Data Pos 5v error has shown up for a while and spinner board breakers have popped up a few times over the past month.

This is happing now:
Spinner board breakers pop up at start up. Spinner turns easily by hand. I've checked laser by unpluging fibre and at unit and light is coming from cable. Final end of cable seems like would be hard to reach without disassembly. I do not know how hard that is to do.

Dianostics under LDR/Laser intensity passed, efficiency passed, Stability failed, Fober Integ failed. Retested and intensity and efficiency failed

also under LDR Knee value failed.

OMC__12c Chip failed
Int Pattern, Int. Slash Failed , Int. Grid and Int. Diamond Passed.

We are located in the Greenville SC area if there is a recommended service person.

Thank you for any advice.
Barry

Barry,
I do not know if you have solved your problems by now, but I think that your Static Optics is on the blink.
Good luck.

spinner problem

spinner problem

thank you for the reply

Also, what are your thoughts on the spinner board breakers tripping. Would this be related to the laser optics problem?

Any thoughts on where to get a static optic for the dolev 800.

Do you know if a dolev 400 would have the same part, we have a 400 that is not in service.

Thanks for your time.

Barry

thank you for the reply

Also, what are your thoughts on the spinner board breakers tripping. Would this be related to the laser optics problem?

Any thoughts on where to get a static optic for the dolev 800.

Do you know if a dolev 400 would have the same part, we have a 400 that is not in service.

Thanks for your time.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Breakers tripping: this could be a problem with the Spinner Driver board or the spinner drawing to much current.
Unable to help you re. spare parts . sorry
D400 parts are totaly different to the D800.

Hello Barry......If I remember correctly, there are two data cables connected to the dynamic optic on the home side of the Dolev. Disconnect the two cables and boot the machine. If the breaker does not trip then the problem is in the dynamic optics.

Good Luck

There are two data cables on the home side. One plugged into the static optic and the other plugged into cable going to the head.

If these are the correct cables to unplug, the breakers still tripped.

There is a very noticable vibration type sound coming from spinner board before breakers trip. I did check and see if spinner was spinning at all and found spinner turns with resistance while sound is being made and spins free otherwise. It is like a wire is off of a 3 phase motor. Could this be a cable problem from the board to spinner motor?

continuing on. I have checked all the cables to the spinner motor and they are good. I am getting a price on the spinner board from SIS Prepress, whom says that is the place to start. I assume the Dynamic optic or the spinner motor would require a service man to set everything up. Kodak is the only choice I know of for the Southeast. Dave from Charlotte NC used to service this machine, however I do not know how to contact him now. Does anybody have an idea of cost involved for dynamic optics or spinner motor replacement.

Thank you very much for input.
Barry

One other question, If the spinner is not turning does this cause the laser to fail the diagnostics

Last edited:
Hello Barry

Those were the cables I was talking about. And yes the laser will fail if the spinner is not turning. One more thing to check out, although it might be a long shot. The PC assembly were are the board sit in, in the back thre are two fans. Make sure that thet are free of debris and that they are spinning too. I don't think this would cause the problem you are experiencing, but you never know.

Good Luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back