Dolev 800V in Harlequin

n.rosenfeldt

Hello there.

I am new to this forum, however having read here for awhile.

I am not sure whether this is the right place to put this issue, but I will try:

To start with, we had a PC with Harlequin Eclipse SP4d and a Screen DTR imagesetter.
We have sold the imagesetter, but have kept the RIP.

Then we got a great deal on a used Scitex Dolev 800V with a Brisque from a company going out of business.

This has worked like a charm until recently, where the PowerPC with the Brisque seemed to give up on life itself..

The question now is; Can we install the Dolev 800 V after the Harlequin?

I have tried to download some installation (PPD??) files from Xitron (vers. 10. for Navigator) and I can now choose the Dolev 800V from the device manager.
When I try to output files to the Dolev, I get the error : Wrong PB2 ver. (this plugin does not support the PB2 card) - or something similar to that.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to get the Dolev 800V to work with the Xitron Navigator?

I have been searching high and low for a solution to this matter, however without any luck.

Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

For Dolev you need another RIP board (PB2) 'cause Screen and Dolev have different interfaces for RIP connection.

We have the SCSI card from the Power PC running Brisque..
Will it be possible to put this in the PC running Harlequin ?

We tried yesterday, and the computer did recognise the SCSI card. However, we didn't have the drivers for the card..

Maybe some of you know how to solve this?

As Vlad said, you'll need:

1. PB2 card
2. PB2 card driver (otherwise your OS will not recognise the card)
3. Dolev800V "plugin device driver" (otherwise the rip will not recognise the card).

Even so, I'm not sure if your current HQ Rip will work with the Dolev800V "plugin device driver".

I'm pretty sure that the SCSI card you have is Creo/Scitex proprietary, so it will not work with your HQ Rip.

Even SCSI plugs at Dolev and Screen PB2s of Navigator looks identical - the internal SW for PB2's microcontroller is different... plus different drivers for computer Operating System.
I think Xitron dont use regular SCSI controller (aka AHA XXXX) but own PCB (PB2).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back