DPM 2340 font issues

fro10987

I am trying to find a way around having to outline fonts before I send files to the Harequlin rip on our 2340. our current workflow is to create files in IND (text, images and placing PDF files) into a doc, export to a PDF, using pitstop outline fonts in the exported PDF then print the exported PDF to the RIP. I would love to skip the step of exporting to another file just to outline fonts that may be in the placed PDF files. Do I just not have a setting right in my rip that it errors if I don't outline the fonts? we are running win 7 and cs6. the rip is ps3 compitable

any ideas

The DPM is most likely using a V5.x Harlequin RIP. It is PS3 compatible but quite old. Fonts and font management has changed since then. The current Harlequin version does a good job with fonts.

Presstek doesn't support the DPM anymore (So I've heard). You might be able to upgrade from a 3rd party but the cost would be high. So the short of it is you will probably have to to keep doing what you are doing.

No but ECRM does. If you go to their website you can download the Win7 PPD file. Use the one called DPX System (dpxsys.ppd). It is for the DPX5080, which uses the same imaging engine as the DPM2340.

Bill,
perhaps I am using the wrong ppd but presstek does have a ppd for dpm2000 and newer on the website it is the ppd I am using. they don't yet have one for win 8. it is just generic and is probably the same as the ECRM file

You can download our universal PPD which can be used on both Macintosh and Windows systems:
Mac PPD Installer: http://rti-rips.com/Downloads/RTI_PPD_Install_for_Macintosh.zip
Windows PPD Files: http://rti-rips.com/Downloads/RTI_PPD.zip

We do not drive the DPM 2340 machines directly but we have sold quite a few TIFF RIP-Kits to customers that want to keep their existing Harlequin RIP in place and send 1-bit TIFF files over to the older RIP. With a new Harlequin RIP outputting TIFF files to your existing RIP would be easy and save you from having to outline fonts or export files to different formats.

You can find out more about our TIFF RIP-Kits on the following page:
TIFF Software RIP for Computer to Plate CTP - TIFF Separation Software for Platesetters 1-bit, 1bit or 8-bit, 8bit

We also offer billable support if you have questions or problems with your existing software.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back