DPM2340 Can't Be Found

dagoof

I've had a DPM for several years now, it's been pretty much trouble free. It connects via SCSI to an XP machine (it originally came with an NT machine but I managed to get the software working on XP, minus some functions like temp monitoring). It's run fine on this for a couple of years, used it a few days ago no problem.

Next day I go to run it and the Printers RIP (v5) tells me the DPM can't be found. So, I've spent a whole day trying various things - different cables, taking SCSI card out/reseating, swapping PCI slots, uninstalling SCSI driver, loading new SCSI driver. I resorted to checking the SCSI BIOS which seems to report the DPM as being there. Edit: also tried SCSI-USB cable but the OS couldn't get that working (saw it as SCSI storage).

Just wondering what the best tact is? I can't find anything in the RIP's settings that might help. I can try reinstalling all the software, but it was a major hassle getting all the settings right with XP. The other thing I noticed is the DPM has what appears to be a serial port (as does my XP machine) - is that likely to work and would any RIP software settings need altered for serial? (this is unless it's just a port for programming).

Can the DPM be run with any other RIP software? Open to any suggestions.

Last edited:
Mystery over, after a 2nd day of tearing my hair out (new SCSI cards etc) I plumped for reinstalling PRIP - it just did an upgrade re-install so managed to keep all the settings. Must've been corrupted but strange that it would manifest in not finding SCSI.

Would still be interested to know if there's any alternatives software wise...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back