Duplo 5000

TheProcessIStheproduct

thinking of replacing Horizon 20A with Duplo system 5000, mainly want more speed, I think automation is a wash between the two, down the road would like to add 2 knife trim unit, which would really drive up production, if you have a 5000 please tell me likes / dislikes???

Its been a few years, but we demoed a system 5000 right before we got our 20A. I seem to remember speed was similar. Maybe they have changed. The Standard unit seemed more durable to me. Less plastic parts.

We have had our 5000 now for about 2 years. So far it has performed very well. Like everything else you have to perform maintenance regularly, mainly for us it has been blowing the unit out with pressurized air after every job to get rid of excess powder off of sensors. Replaced 2 table sensors also. We demoed a Standard unit and the 5000 before purchase both seemed adequate to do the job but the thing we did not like about standard was the power requirements. As I recall it required 2 or 3, 220V hookups as the Duplo only requires 110V. Cant speak for the perfomance of the Standard, but as for the Dup[o, we are very happy with it and plan on adding another tower in the near future.

We have had our 5000 now for about 2 years. So far it has performed very well. Like everything else you have to perform maintenance regularly, mainly for us it has been blowing the unit out with pressurized air after every job to get rid of excess powder off of sensors. Replaced 2 table sensors also. We demoed a Standard unit and the 5000 before purchase both seemed adequate to do the job but the thing we did not like about standard was the power requirements. As I recall it required 2 or 3, 220V hookups as the Duplo only requires 110V. Cant speak for the perfomance of the Standard, but as for the Dup[o, we are very happy with it and plan on adding another tower in the near future.
When we were shopping between the two units the Salesman for Standard told us that the sensors on the Duplo were an issue. I thought it was BS at the time, but looks like there is some truth to that. I have only blown out the sensors on our Horizon once in 6 years. It is true that the 20A does require 2 220v outlets. Not a major deal to have installed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back