Duplo DC-48TW Trimmer

ROCPrinter

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a Upper Edge (Part# 94T-20250); really the Upper Knife and the Lower Edge (Part# 94T-20260) for a Duplo DC-48TW trimmer. This is suppose to be a self sharpening knife set. I called a local dealer but they want an arm and a leg for it. I can almost by a used trimmer for the same price!

If anyone has a used knife set or a Duplo DC-48TW trimmer they want to sell let me know...
or
If anyone has a connection to a Duplo part dealer with a good reputation, please let me know.

Thanks!

Self sharpening is a bit of a misnomer. They do hold a edge well but still wear out. A used set will probably wont last long.

You can contact Graphic Systems Services in Florida at 800-330-0477. They are a long way from you but might be able to answer your questions. They have been a Duplo dealer for about 15 years.

I can tell you that this set is very expensive, since it is not commonly replaced (it can be sent out for sharpening as a set). That is also an older unit, and I am unsure the quantity of parts still available for them (I think the last machines were built in Japan around 1996)

I have seen customers sharpen the blades with varying degrees of success. The resharpened blades don't seem to last as long as a new set. It is important that the blade is properly aligned upon re installation. Also make sure the guides for the moving blades are not worn.

I know this post is kind of old and you have probably already figured this out but, we have a Standard/Horizon booklet maker. Not sure if the knife set up is the same but it sounds similar. I have had ours sharpened and they work fine. I see you are in Roch. Call Povenelli Grinding in Buffalo and have them look at them.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back