dynamic colorbars in Preps

Slammer

Hi, has anybody knowledge on dynamic colorbars in Preps? Specifically how to map job spot colors so that they show in the colorbar?
I would drink a beer in Munich´s Hofbräuhaus in your honor if you can tell me how.

johnny_jay

None, it´s a standalone preps, I know that prinergy can do it the way the customer wants. But it´s the old problem... "It worked before you updated from Preps 5 to preps 8.

Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?

Slammer

Rampage could re-map as well with special spot color names in the color bar. I see there is remapping in the print dialog, does that help in any way?

Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.

DCurry

If you are "printing" from Preps make sure the PDF Color Mapping button is selected (under the General tab of the print dialog.) Then under the Color Separations tab you can map the color bars to the desired spot colors used in the art. This only works if the color bar you are using has spot colors as well.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 11.00.55 AM.png

cementary

Sadly it doesn´t as the customer has a Heidelberg RIP. In the meantime the customer has accepted that they are not able to get it to work and I havn´t heard anything since.

Prinect's, especially old ones, just like prinergy. They support unpopulated jdf.

bradw99

Registered Users
I don't think the ink remapping comes out of Preps 8. We use it in our Xitron Rip the color remapping. Yes we have a 4 & 5 spot color bar. Spot1, Spot2 etc. If Preos does it that would be news to me.

Canon Research

Canon
Navigating the New Customer Landscape
Enhancing the Print Customer Connection (Part 3)

Read All About It