Dynastrip and Helvetica

jctremblay

I received a call from a customer today, that is using Dynastrip on a Mac. We discovered an issues with the font helvetica used by Dynastrip (Helvetica) and one embeded in a PDF before imposing it.

The issues is that the font that was embeded in the PDF prior to imposition, get unembeded when the imposed PDF is saved from Dynatrip PDF, and then at the rip (Prinergy) all the "é" turn into "è" in the final output on the plate and sadly to the press too.

What is going on? and how can they fix that.

Your Issue

Your Issue

Please email our support team at [email protected].

I don't know the specifics of your issue, but I'm pretty sure it's a simple issue.

I will also alert them to this thread so they can respond here.

Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram

Hi Michael, someone already reply to me from your team support. This is a known issues/bugs for some time (years) with Dynastrip.

"...DynaStrip does not embed fonts, it will only copy and paste the content of the PDF source document in the output file. When there are differences between the font used by DynaStrip and its source document, the first Helvetica font found is loaded and used for both, source document and text-tag."

In our case, the fonts that was use and embeded in the PDF was replaced by the font Dynastrip use for the text-tag.

Only workaround suggested. Convert the text to outline before imposing it. Not a nice workaround.

I'm discussing this with support now and will look deeper into it with engineering. Something does not sound right to me. Can you send our support team your PDF that you're having trouble with? That would be very helpful and we can get to the bottom of this. Again... something just does not sound right and I want to get to the bottom of this for you and others.

Thanks!
Michael

After having seen the PDFs from my client, It look more like a badly embeded truetype font issue with their Prinergy Rip. So this has nothing to do with Dynastrip behavior in regard of Text-tag.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back