ECRM Mako 46 have a problem

First I want thank you for the answers.
The trouble began in January of this year, when i look the film and verify that are a light stripes from left to right on 80% screening. You can see on attachment 01.jpg .

These light stripes were not always present, so we continued the work. Afther defect is changed and make work impossible. You can see on attachment 02.jpg and 03.jpg.

Then we called a qualified engineer. This man have cleaned a lens near a film side, on the right looking by laser (laser SOL sensor i think), after he has checked the voltages on the card and corrected a tension that was 0.5 V lower.

@spapa
The engineer also checked >menu, diagnostics, spinner test, start test etc.< and was amazed at the perfection of the values.

Finally adjusted the laser BIAS and corrected two trimmers on laser group. That's all.

Mako now works well, but sometimes has a not previously presented defect.
Yo can see on 04.jpg. It seems that the points are deformed from left to right.

Now i think that first defect is a laser and that last defect is a spinner.
But I still don't understand why the Mako controls (>menu, diagnostics, spinner test, start test etc.<) give the correct values??!!

The fault now is really unusual, but when it si present on 64x44 film is a waste of money.

The engineer says that the LASER/SPINNER group is at the end of life.. What do you think?
Thanks

How do you calibrate the SOL signal???

please please i need help on my mako 46 on this attached image print out ,there is always thick line on the solid part of job on film even line also appear out side of job on film. i thought it was optic but was replace not up to a year before the line started please see image below
thanks

mako 001.jpg

No Title

The segmented pressure cylinder is scratching the film, what can I do to fix it?

Attachments

• photo6102.jpg
    photo6102.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 284
  • photo6103.jpg
    photo6103.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 320
Evir, you are looking in the wrong place. The segmented drive system cannot, repeat, cannot seize this bad without putting an encoder or drive motor error. Your banding as I see is most likely caused by the film processor rollers, check the roller drive gears in the dev section they must turn easily by hand. If not take the whole roller rack apart and check all bushings and gears.
What to double check ? Pull some half meter film from cassette, fog it and feed into the film processor, see what it looks like. What film processor do you use ?

In our CTP Mako the lithographic plates were going out crooked.

the perpendicularity test did not give a convincing result.

We have noticed that the arm where the pin bar is placed is slightly crooked, definitely this should influence at the fault that I have.
Perhaps it has been damaged by the manipulation of the machine on the ship.
The big question is how do we fix it?

Gracias por su ayuda
Thanks for you help.

Hi. Im just new here but i want to ask something. I have a Mako 56 and im having trouble outputting. My server is windows 2003 server and my rip is harlequin 8.3. On the device manager, the adaptec card driver is properly installed but the ecrm scsi pelbox driver has a question mark. When i try to output an image the communicaition error appears and it says data write error. But when i use the 'preview' the output continue although sometimes its not working. Where do you think is the problem? And also i cannot find the ecrm driver on the internet. Hope you can help me guys.
Thank you

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back