ECRM Work Mate and Mako 2 Connection

sistecopy

Hi...

I need ask something.

Some body know if is possible connect directly a CTP Mako2 to the ECRM Harlequin Work Mate Rip?

What type of card i need to do this connection?

ans also in the list of the ECRM RIP i donnt see the Mako2.
I see anothers Mako CTP models but not the Mako2.

Thanks for any help or all help.. ;)

There's no direct connection between the Workmates server and a (any) Mako platesetter. The WM server outputs 1-bit tiff files to another computer running the CtServer application which does 1-bit tiff queue management, platesetter control, plate parameters, image placement, last minute preview a.s.o. The CtServer is connected to Mako platesetters via USB cable, or SCSI cable if old models.

Hello,

As long as your RIP is the PC variant, then you can run the Rip and the CtServer interface program on the same platform, though you MUST have two hard drives in the PC.

The interface to a Mako2 is by SCSI, so you need a SCSI card in the PC, ideally an Adaptec 2930CU.
ECRM now use a USB interface, because SCSI boards are not available for the PCI Express bus used in current PCs, but they make a kit for upgrading older machines.

What type of Mako2 do you have, there were two types (quite different)? The early type had the pin bar behind the drive rollers and the late type to the left of the feed tray.

You will not see the Mako2 on the ECRM web side, but it is replaced by the Mako200, the same machine with superior optics to give a smaller, sharper imaging spot.

Any questions, ask away, I am an ex-ECRM employee and current dealer engineer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back