Editing PDF Form XObject

Glenn McDowall

Is there a web video available as to how to go about this?

I'm reading that I'm able to to do this from Pitstop version 7. But am struggling to figure it out using guesswork.

Sub question: is PDF Form XObject the correct terminology?
Using the out-of-the-box Pitstop highlight colours, I'm using the white arrow tool to select the object I want to edit and it lights up with blue handles+lines but there are also yellow handles+lines that seem to represent a sort of group, if I use the resize/scale numeric palette the whole lot seems to resize rather than just the element I need to change. Often I'm able to copy the element then paste it in the back or front then resize it individually.

Do you have to break these objects apart beforehand?

I have pitstop 12 (sorry the version 7 I mentioned was the first version that was supposed to allow editing Form XObjects).
Usually it's just adding bleed to a rectangle or two but the yellow box seems to act as part clipping path part group?

the ungroup edit tool is greyed out, there is an Edit Form tool but I'm not comprehending the correct way of using this?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back