Educating/Empowering Customers on PDF Creation

Ritter

In the slump of the market I am working on a few projects to streamline the PDF creation process for customers. I'm aware there are a ton of solutions out there and I am looking for feedback. I'm currently working on PDF presets for Adobe Applications and Quark that can be downloaded from the company website but I am curious about MS Office Customers and other various Windows applications. The typical presets for those who have Acrobat Pro do not always embed all fonts (that lovely and asinine exclude by default list!).
Is anyone using a free PDF creation alternative such as doPDF?
How has your experience been getting customers to download and use a preset?
How many of you are using PDF/X verification in your workflow to identify PDFs with better potential to be "good"?
Any feedback is greaetly appreciated.

Just a note on MS Office customers. A solution I was just turned onto this week is eDoc from Global Graphics. It will take in MS office documents and produce a workable PDF. As well as other formats. It could be useful for you in your efforts for PDF creation.

gDoc for PDF and XPS

Enjoy!
Michael

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back