EFI color Management

Dcalandra

EFI color Management

I am currently running 3 Canon 5185's and 2 3480's all with fiery rips

I would like to get more consistent color across all 5 devices.

I am able to create profiles for each device but they all look a bit different. Anyone able to color manage multiple devices?

I did that successfully with two Epson 9600 and later one Epson9600 and one HPZ6100 using GMG ColorProof 4.0. Average dE between the printers was smaller than 1, highest was 1.2.

It is a bit of work, though. I don't know whether newer GMG ColorProofs make it easier or how good EFI would fare in that situation.

GMG is a good product for Epson’s but last I knew they did not support Canon Digital printers.

Are you calibrating to the same paper on all devices, creating you profiles, and doing your comparisons on the same paper as well? We don't have multiple Digital printers yet, but I would think you should be able to do this. The biggest thing we found for consistency is to calibrate the Canons at least once a day.

GMG is a good product for Epson’s but last I knew they did not support Canon Digital printers.

Are you calibrating to the same paper on all devices, creating you profiles, and doing your comparisons on the same paper as well? We don't have multiple Digital printers yet, but I would think you should be able to do this. The biggest thing we found for consistency is to calibrate the Canons at least once a day.

It was the same paper on all printers. Comparison was of course on the same paper as well.
I calibrated/checked once a week (monday morning) and it would be good for the week.

I do not know if they support Canon Digital printers, but the price will definately go up the more printers you want to control at once. You should get a price quote for your (planned) setup. I would bet that EFI will come in cheaper, but that is just a guess based on our initial price for version 4 some years ago.

I can do an average of your ICC-profiles and if necessairy do an iteration. The result will be a slicely smaller color gamut on all printers (except one), but output colors will be the same, if every printer was well calibrated on the same printer stock.
For more info have a look at
Product_info and Printbox-Online.eu

kind regards,

Jan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back