Embedding Fonts in PitStop 10 not working

Jackie

I've been using various versions of PitStop for a few years now but I've recently come into some issues with the font embedding in PitStop Pro 10.

My Computer died and I ended up with another iMac (a 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5) and had to reinstall everything from a ghost drive of my previous computer. I'm still stuck in Snow Leopard because of some legacy software that won't work on Lion or above.

I'm using PitStop Pro 10 and Acrobat 9 (I prefer Acrobat 9 but I have 10) and when I have to do a simple font embedding I'm getting the message "the selected font cannot be created" (see attached screen shot). Scanning through this PDF file it appears that Times is not even used in the text, I'm guessing it's in there from a space as default font setting in word. I go through the motions of selecting the font to convert to from my system fonts and then hit run but it's just not working.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I missing something really simple here?

Thanks
Jackie

Attachments

• PitStop_Problem.jpg
    PitStop_Problem.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 273

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back