EPS --- CMYK file prints color differently than file

auchprinting

Color is correct PMS 350 CYMK on digital Proof. Lighter color on press. The press prints sharper, but the dot is smaller. The file size is 100KB. Is that file high enough resolution.

If the proofs don't match the press then it sounds like you need a color expert to adjust your curves/profile.

The question is about the density of the file. Is 100KB a large enough file to print from on press? A color Proof from the copier is OK. When I go to press, I get a smaller sharper dot. Since the dot is smaller, the color printed on press is lighter.

The density (resolution) of a file, as you put it, has absolutely nothing to do with color match. The fact that your proof and press sheet do not match, has everything to do with profiling possibly both your proofer AND press to some sort of printing standard.

Thanks,
Erik

The question is about the density of the file. Is 100KB a large enough file to print from on press? A color Proof from the copier is OK. When I go to press, I get a smaller sharper dot. Since the dot is smaller, the color printed on press is lighter.

If it's a vector file and not a raster file, it could easily be only 100kb. everyone else has the right of it, if your proofs don't match you press, you have a COMPLETELY different issue. the first step would be to figure out which is wrong/right, and go from there. if it's a PMS to CMYK conversion, how does you print look to Pantone's Color Bridge swatch?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back