Epson 7600 paper feeding problem

Sev

We used to do all of our imposition/content proofing on a Agfa Sherpa inkjet proofer, but finally the print head has died. Now we are using our old Epson 7600 printer for imposition/content proofing (we used to use it for contract color proofing). The problem we are having is that we have to load the sheet paper twice for each side of each proof. When we first load the paper it loads fine, pauses, and then unloads the paper. We then have to load it a second time, then it will print the proof. Then we flip it over to proof the second side, and again, the paper loads and then unloads and we have to reload it. Because we have to load the paper twice, it is really increasing our proofing time. Any ideas on why this is happening?
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

-Sev

I had a similar problem with my 7600 and loading sheets. I only did it a few times so it wasn't a big deal. We upgraded to 7900 several years ago. My only guess is that the paper size wasn't properly seen by the printer on the first pass but why i never figured out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back