Epson 7900... size apparently matters...

kydruid

Ok, sorry for the bit of a pun in the title.

We have an Epson Stylus Pro 7900 printer running as our proofer hanging off of our Prinect PrintReady P workflow. We've not yet upgraded to the latest and greatest, and I'm not sure we're going to just yet. Anyway, the dilemma is that output off of the printer is reduced from the press sheet by upwards of 1/8"... in the feed direction only. So if facing the printer, the carriage movement was X, and the Feed direction is Y, by the time a 19x12.5 proof drops, the 12.5 dimension is kissing 12 3/8", give or take.

Further info that could be helpful, I can't tell you this hasn't gone on for a while, I can tell you that the loss is usually negligible visually, and since we use the proofer for primarily color proofing, it's not something I probably would've worried about, save for a vendor who wanted a hi-res die tracing for a fold job.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, what was the fix? I'm at a loss with this one as nothing quite makes sense. Heidelberg's testing a proof on one of theirs but of course the RIP there will be the latest and greatest, which if we can narrow the problem down to the workflow will be a tip towards upgrading. However, if it works on theirs, but we can't prove it's not the Epson, well then back to square one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back