Epson 9800 "Blank Page"

bweb

Hello, I have an Epson 9800 and I have a problem. I was doing a nozzle check because my yellow was missing segments. After two nozzle checks it started to print “blank” pages. I followed the procedures by doing a power clean. Afterwards it wouldn’t print anything. When I check the ink tubes there appears to be air bubbles in the light magenta and light light black tubes. When I perform the nozzle checks, the air bubbles stay where they are as if the ink is not being pressurized. What should I do next?

Unfortunately, you'll probably need to contact service. My guess would be that the pump/cap assembly (which sits under the print head carriage when it's in home position) is misaligned or is worn out which can create vacuum leaks when cleaning the printheads.

It's also possible that the light magenta and light light black ink lines themselves could have a leak in them.

pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back