Epson 9890 Banding First Few Passes Then Ok

StuartW

Hi there am having a issue with banding on the first few passes, then comes good seems to be worse with the blue this is happening all the time. I have a perfect nozzle check did a head alighn am Printing through Photoshop DSC_0014.jpg any Ideas?Stu

I presume that the paper feed as it the default position after the previous cut?

If so, try advancing it forward a bit, perhaps 6 or 12 inches or so and see if you get any different result.

Stephen Marsh

Thanks for the support, I tried adding 12 inches on also I reinstalled driver did a power clean on the light cyan. Tried matt paper it is happening on all media. I phoned epson support they say it is a software issue because i get a perfect nozzle check.

Print a nozzle check pattern before you print and then another after you print. If you're having the same problem as me, the two will be different although not necessarily one being better or worse than the other. My solution is a head cleaning, which I can afford because I use Color Cone ink instead of Epson ink.

My issue is a low ink cartridge Is that a plug for the ink company LOL, I keep reading that third party inks are a nightmare.

Some of them are nightmares.. Veramax and Cone Color are both good. Now THAT was a plug :)
When I'm dealing with picky art people that "need" genuine Epson ink, I usually just lie and tell them we run genuine ink. Then they see their first print from me and proclaim that it's OBVIOUS this was printed with genuine Epson ink!
We do have occasional clogging problems if the humidity gets real low (like right now) and we go several days without running or at least doing a head cleaning.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back