Epson linearization measurement

tommrz

Hello all, please help me if you can.
We are in the process of having a client do an audit at our shop. One of the questions they are asking is how we measure the linearization of our proofs. I assume they are wanting to know how we validate that our proofs are within a certain tolerance.
At the previous shop I worked at, there was an application that we used to measure a strip of patches from our Epson using an i1. The software would throw up a pass or fail grade. I believe the software was an EFI product but I cant remember the name of it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? I have a call in to support already but I thought I may try here while waiting for a call back.
Thanks...

Check into Chromix's Maxwell - very interesting, cost-effective solution. Your proofing RIP probably has a verification module available. You could also look into Bodoni Systems proofSIGN, Color Sciences, Color Metrix, Alwan Color. If you use ProfileMaker you could use measureTool.

You could perform the whole function in Excel, with a bit of know-how and elbow grease.

Thanks for the info. There is a module for our EFI rip called "Color Verifier". We will be upgrading our proofer rip to the PDF version soon and ill be adding this module on.
Thanks again...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back