Epson P9000 Maintenance Tank

truehue

Hi All,

Could I get some feedback as to how long these tanks last in your Epson before needing to be replaced? It seems like our first one (the one that came with the printer) took forever (a year?) before needing replacement. But now, one tank can barely go a month or two, with only light use of the machine. Printing has been fine, and there have been no other problems with output. Thanks in advance.

You might look into getting a tank chip resetter and plumbing the tank into a a soda bottle. I haven not reset the current gen epson waste ink tanks, but saved a lot of money resetting the Stylus series ink tanks.

truehue - I went over a year before the first tank needed replaced.

SoggyWinter - unfortunately, there is no chip resetter that I know of for the SureColor printers. I have looked exhaustively. I tried buying 3rd party tanks but the printer would periodically report that no tank could be found so I just bought the OEM tanks from Epson.

I'm reluctant to mess with any kind of chip resetter anyway. I was just curious how long these tanks are supposed to last between replacements when the printer has a fairly light workload.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back