Epson paper jam

I have a Epson 10600 that when powered up it goes through the normal start up stuff and then says "paper jam" on the screen. There is NO paper jam, it just thinks it is and will not print anything. I cannot find anyone to service the printer. Any ideas? a sensor maybe? Thanks for any help. Alan

If the 10600 is similar to a 9600:

After you open the plastic window you should be able to see small round holes along the trajectory for the printhead; inside the outermost of these are small sensors to detect paper.
This holes can become clogged over time with paper dust, you can easily "clean" them by blowing a bit against them or using a vacuum cleaner.

If that does not help - no idea, as I only have access to a 9600.

THanks MAN you are genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cleaned those f**** holes and It WORKS !!!

THANKS man , i thought i've lost my printer forever ... btw my printer is DX4050 .. ( multifunction )

thank you guys for this forum .. ;)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back