Epson Printing Problem

Kid Leo

I am running a Navigator GPS system with a RIP version 7.2r1 and RIP Manager 3.3. For a reason that is too complicated to explain here I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

The RIP is set up to drive 3 devices; an imagesetter through a PCI card, a platesetter through 1 bit TIFFs and an Epson 9800 through ethernet. I have everthing working except for I am having an annoying problem printing to the Epson.

Jobs RIP and print properly but after the RIP sends the job to the XP print queue I get the following message that pops up in the RIP window.

Outputting 9800 Color vDot job "1. B4-10 MOF Run #15a.pdf"
on "EPSON Stylus Pro 9800" as vDot 8 colour Black on Epson Proofing Paper Semimatte media, in 2 directions
Spool time: 64.67 seconds
Wrote 131,959,849 bytes of compressed image data in 64 seconds (2013 Kb/sec)
- - -
* You may need to increase the Printer Buffer size. 20480 Kb is recommended.
! Insufficient buffering for this job.
Please increase the Printer Buffer size to at least 6400% in Configure RIP.
You will need to re-RIP this job.
Wrote 131,959,849 bytes of compressed image data in 66 seconds (1952 Kb/sec)

The Output controller pops up with "Bad Config" and then disables output. All I have to do is uncheck the "Disable Output" and it will print the next page and the cycle will repeat. The outputs are all OK, it is just the annoyance that it goes off line after every print.

I have tried changing the print buffer as is suggested in the error message as well as changed it to a very large setting of (200000 Kb), nothing has had ANY effect. I do not understand what the "Please increase the Printer Buffer size to at least 6400% in Configure RIP." means. 6400% of what?

I have removed and reinstalled both the printer as well as the Vdot II plug-in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back