Error message on sending files to Highwater RIP

johnwahl

I have just started getting an error message when sending files to a highwater RIP version 7, this is connected to a Highwater Python CTP system,
error message:- %%(error:rangecheck;offending command image file%ip) this happens on all page set ups, but funny thing is, if you send the file a few times, it will eventually go. This started happening after the PC power pack failed, a new power pack was fitted to the pc, then this error started happening, I don't know why this should have affected anything or just coincidence, does anyone have any ideas of what's wrong
john

Probably hardware related. Check that all the connections are tight. Something may be loose after the Power supply swap. Reseat RAM strips and hard drive data connections as well.

If that doesn't work, then there may be other failed parts beside the power supply.

Does this happen when you release the job from the Active Queue?
Are you outputting to TIFF?

If jobs appear in the Active Queue but give the error when outputting it is probably a connection issue of some sort between the RIP computer and TIFF Catcher/Shooter or the RIP computer and CTP device (if you are outputting to file). I would recommend checking the cables as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back