Esko WebCenter vs Nexus WebWay

Joe

WebCenter looks like the most complete product but in the brochure it does not say anything about integrating WebCenter into a Nexus workflow. Can it be done and is anyone doing it? I would mainly be interested in customer file submission and softproofing. I've been told told that WebWay would not be robust enough for the volume of work that we do.

Re: Esko WebCenter vs Nexus WebWay

Nexus 9.0 will support communication towards Webcenter. I know you don't like promises from future versions but this is the best I can do ... ;)

It seems I've been hearing about Nexus 9 for about 5 years now. Any idea when it will be released?

I got an e-mail this week saying Nexus and Artpro 9 should be released sometime in september... we'll see...

We are currently alpha testing ArtPro 9 and it integrates really nice with BackStage so therefore WebCenter will surely integrate with Nexus in terms of file format support.
We are using WebWay today and both WebWay and WebCenter are very stand-alone systems. It's just a matter of submitting supported files.

I'm not sure when it will support workflow integration in terms of approvals and submitting/continuing workflow tasks.
This is just a matter of time since WebCenter will be the the full version and WebWay will be "WebCenter lite", marketing wise.

Edited by: Doh on Jun 18, 2008 5:52 PM

Hi,

the connectivity between WebCenter 7.1 and Nexus 9.0 is working already (we demonstrated it at drupa). This is both for sending files from WebCenter to Nexus and for sending files from Nexus to WebCenter with Nexus waiting for the approval status to come back. WebCenter 7.1 can also softproof Artpro files coming from Nexus (something we could not yet demonstrate at drupa, but that is also up and running now).

The availabiltiy of alpha and beta versions differs from region to region, so allow me not to make any statements on that other than the fact that there are already alpha versions of Nexus 9.0 out there and that the first alpha installation of WebCenter 7.1 is planned for mid-September.

Freddy Pieters
Product Manager WebCenter/WebWay
EskoArtwork

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back