EVO 4.1 and OS X 10.6.3 - Java Issue?

MeLikeyPrint

Running EVO client 4.1 on an Intel Mac (OS X 10.6.3) can see drives and files but can not send to print or plate. I am told that we must upgrade to EVO 5.x to be compatible with new Intel Macs running OS X 10.6. Had similar issue with Brisque back in the day which was resolved by reverting to older version of Java on client's Mac. I have found hints online that EVO 4.1 is not compatible with new version of Java which is Java 6 (1.6). So I install older version of Java (1.4) that works on older Pre-Intel Mac. I set my Java preferences to work with 1.4 but the EVO client still does not work.

Is this a Java issue? If so, what am I not doing to get it to work? Do I HAVE TO update to EVO 5.x to be compatible with Intel Macs?

Intel Macs are required for Adobe CS5 apps and I imagine many are still running EVO 4.1 like myself. Anybody have any solutions?

I'm actually using Prinergy Connect. I had read that info at the GUA forums. Maybe check around there for EVO.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back