External Drive

ripit

I have an external firewire drive that will not mount. When I run disk first aid it comes up with "invalid volume header", i try to repair (disk first aid) and re-mount but it does not work. Is this something Disk Warrior will be able to help me with? What other options do I have or is this disk toast?

Did the drive come with setup disks? Could always try reinstalling drivers if it had any. Was the drive working before? Is it possible to connect it to a second machine and see if it mounts?

agree on the disk warrior!

If drive has other proprietary software components, like my fried maxtor that makes a mini RAID from two disks, forget it!

stephen

I am happy to report that Disk Warrior was able to repair the hard drive for me. I am now in the middle of making 2 copies of all the data on the drive and setting this drive out to pasture.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back